The Torrington Gun Club provides a safe and comfortable place for its membership to enjoy recreational and competitive indoor shooting. Our members represent a cross-section of society. We are doctors, lawyers, teachers, professionals, business owners, local and state police officers, blue collar workers, moms, dads, and grandparents. We are responsible and law-abiding citizens who believe in our birthright of liberty and freedom, including the right to keep and bear arms.
The TGC history goes back to 1916 and was then known as the Torrington Rifle Club. In 1936 it was known as the Torrington Fish & Game Association and in 1938 it was reorganized as the Torrington Fish & Game Revolver Club. In 1957 it was incorporated as the Torrington Gun Club and initially shot its matches at the Torrington Police Range in the basement of City Hall. The club built and moved into its own facility on Spencer Road (New Hartford) in 1962. Several renovation projects have been undertaken over the years including the new heating & ventilation systems and range improvements in 2000-2001.
Torrington Gun Club
Incorporated 29 March 1957
PO Box 41
Torrington CT 06790
Current club members
This site is a work in progress. A lot of the features we would like to add requires you to register to get full use of the website.